At Sunshine Coast Rehabilitation and Exercise Physiology our team of Exercise Physiologist are equipped with the knowledge, skills and competencies to design, deliver and evaluate safe and effective exercise interventions for people with acute, sub-acute or chronic medical conditions, injuries or disabilities.
Exercise Physiologists are required to complete a 4 year degree studying areas of anatomy, pathophysiology, biomechanics, physiology and exercise prescription for the treatment and management of chronic disease as well the general population for weight management and overall fitness.
Exercise Physiologists are covered by most private health funds in both individual or group consultations and Medicare’s Chronic Disease Management plan (CDM). They are also recognised providers for services under the Department of Veteran Affairs (DVA), National Disability Insurance Scheme (NDIS), Workers Compensation Australia wide, Compulsory Third Party insurers (CTP) as well as life insurance companies.
Our Exercise Physiologists can help:
· Accelerate recovery from pain and injury (such as lower back and knee pain)
· Manage and improve a health or medical condition (such as cancer, diabetes or arthritis)
· Reduce the risk of developing a health or medical condition (such as heart disease)
· Improve bone, joint and muscle health (especially important as you age)
· Improve balance and coordination (to reduce the likelihood of falls)
· Improve your heart and lung health, and decrease your blood pressure
· Decrease your weight and body fat levels (to improve all aspects of your health)
· Improve your mental well being (reduce stress, depression or anxiety)
· Pregnancy conditioning (pre and post natal health and fitness)
· Improve your sports performance/sports specific conditioning
· Improve your core stability and posture